If your mailbox runs out of capacity, you have two options:
A) You can upgrade to the next plan to obtain more capacity. In this case please follow the steps described in:
B) If you are already using the Professional Email or you do not want to upgrade, you can delete unneeded emails directly on the server. You need to delete emails without moving them first to the trash, as the mailbox has no capacity left for moving the messages. To do this please follow these steps:
1. To do this you need to log in onto your webmail account:
The username is the complete email address, for example: email@example.com.
The password is the one you created when you activated this mailbox.
Click on "Sign in".
2. On the top-right click on the menu icon and then on "Settings".
3. In the left panel, go to "Email" and check the option "permanently remove deleted email messages".
4. Once this option is active, you can return to your mailbox folders and select and delete unneeded emails.
5. Once you have freed up needed space, you need to deactivate the option "permanently remove deleted email messages" in the settings.
IMPORTANT: Please note that the deletion is irrevocable. Do not delete important emails. If you need to backup the content of your mailbox locally on your computer, the best way is to connect to your mailbox via IMAP and copy the emails and mail folders from the IMAP mail folders to the local mail folders of your mail client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.).
The IMAP settings to be configured on your local mail client are the following:
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.openxchange.eu
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.openxchange.eu
We recommend you to use the following ports and encryption methods to connect to the mail servers:
IMAP: 993 SSL
SMTP: 587 TLS