A MX record points the domain to a mail server.
Please follow the steps below to add an MX (mail exchanger) record:
- In your account go to DOMAIN NAMES > ACTIVE.
- Move the cursor over the concerned domain and click on Manage on the right.
- Click on MANAGE ZONE.
- Click on NEW RECORD.
- Select MX (Mail Exchanger) in the Type dropdown menu.
- In the Host field enter the host or subdomain. You can also enter @ (for the root domain).
- In the Mail Server field enter the name of your mail server. (Please enter a “.” at the end of the mail server name if the mail server is outside of the concerned domain.)
- Select the priority value.
- Click on SAVE RECORD.
- Click on SAVE ZONE.
Note: DNS changes usually need up to 24 hours to propagate throughout the entire Internet.
Important: This option is only available if the domain is using our name servers.