A CNAME record points a subdomain/host to a server name.
Please follow the steps below to add a CNAME record:
- In your account go to DOMAIN NAMES > ACTIVE.
- Move the cursor over the concerned domain and click on Manage on the right.
- Click on MANAGE ZONE.
- Click on NEW RECORD.
- Select CNAME (Canonical Name) in the Type dropdown menu.
- In the Host field enter the host or subdomain.
- In the Canonical Name field enter the name of the server. (Please enter a “.” at the end of the server name if the server is outside of the concerned domain.)
- Click on SAVE RECORD.
- Click on SAVE ZONE.
Note: DNS changes usually need up to 24 hours to propagate throughout the entire Internet.
Important: This option is only available if the domain is using our name servers.