EuroDNS is accredited with ICANN, the governing body for domain names. This gives us the authority to sell domain names, but it also means that we are required to follow certain rules and procedures. This article will explain one of these, namely the contact validation policy.
This article will explain:
The contact validation policy has been designed as a means to ensure that the contact details related to your domain name are always up to date. We are obliged to send you a contact validation email every year to confirm your details. We will also send one every time you modify your contact details, as confirmation.
Subject: Urgent Domain Validation Needed
Hello [customer’s name],
Important: You have registered the domain names shown below with EuroDNS, and are required to validate your contact details. Failure to do so will lead to the suspension of your account, and any domain names associated with it.
Why am I being asked to validate my contact details?
ICANN, the governing body for domain names requires that the contact details provided to register a domain name are validated at least once a year. To validate your email address, please click the link below.
[LINK_VALIDATE MY EMAIL ADDRESS]
Alternatively, please visit [LINK_XXXXXXXX] and enter the following validation code:
You have been sent this email because the following domain names are registered to this email address:###DOMAIN_NAME###
You can find out more information about the contact validation policy in this support article.
The EuroDNS Team
Please remember, EuroDNS will never ask for your username or password in an email.
When you receive the validation email it will have the Subject: Urgent Domain Validation is Needed, it is important that you follow the steps in the email.
- The email will contain a validation link which you will be asked to click to validate your email address.
- Alternatively, you can visit XXXXXXX and enter the validation code provided.
- It is important that you validate your email address within one year of your last validation. Failure to do so will lead to the suspension of your account and any domain names associated with it.
- At the foot of the email you will find the domain names that relate to your email address.
- Once you have validated your email address, you’re done for another year.
We remind you that keeping your contact details up to date ensures you receive all the important emails we send you, such as invoices, renewal /expiry dates, and changes to domain registration policies. Please read the support article explaining how to update your contact details.
Remember, EuroDNS will never ask for your username or password in an email.