In order to configure SPF records, please follow the steps indicated below:
- In your EuroDNS account go to DOMAIN NAMES > ACTIVE.
- Move the cursor over the concerned domain and click on Manage on the right.
- In the Name Servers section, click on Manage Zone.
- Select SPF (Sender Policy Framework) or TXT (Text) in the dropdown menu: “+Add DNS Record”.
- Enter the host (for example "@") and the Sender Policy Rule value (for example: "v=spf1 a:example.com -all").
- It is recommended that you leave the TTL at its default value of 3600.
- Confirm and click on Save Changes.
Since the behaviour of mail servers in the Internet is different, meaning some mail servers only query the SPF, others only the TXT records and some of them both records, it is recommended that you always use both the SPF and the TXT record in the DNS zone of your domain. The TXT record needs to contain the same value as the SPF record.
The procedure to configure TXT records is the same as above. Only select TXT in step 4, instead of SPF.
Important: This option is only available if the domain is using EuroDNS name servers (default name servers: ns1.eurodns.com / ns2.eurodns.com / ... or Professional DNS name servers: ns1.prodns.net / ns2.prodns.net / ....).
Note: The new records usually take effect within 24 hours.